Saturday, October 04, 2008

My Cats Bring Me Snacks

Wow, am I lucky. On Friday, I came home to a chipmunk in the house. On Saturday, Bear brought me this snake and Sammy brought a cicada.

Bear makes the most horrible yowling sound when he is carrying prey in his mouth. I could hear him from outside and thought, at first, that he was hurt. The yowls grew louder as he approached the door and pushed through the cat flap. He then deposited the snake at my feet and promptly ignored it. I tried to get the cats interested in it for a few more pictures, but, even though the snake was still quite alive, it wouldn’t move. Smart snake.

I released it back into the “wild.” It appeared undamaged except for a single wound. I think it will recover.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger Katheryn said...

Was the chipmunk alive?

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Kasmira said...

The chipmunk was TOTALLY alive and running around the house. I opened both doors and Sammy eventually chased it out into the yard.

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wooooow

مدونة المراة العربية

 

Post a Comment

<< Home