Monday, March 07, 2005

Blogging is Better than Talking

One of the reasons I like blogging so much is that it fills a communication void in my life. At work, I spend most of the day alone in my cubicle. At home, I only talk to Mike for a few minutes before he is studying and I am working on one of my projects. For me, blogging is like talking, only better. Here’s why:

1. It’s all about me me me and I never have to listen!
2. If my reader gets bored and leaves halfway through the conversation, I never know.
3. I get to talk when it’s convenient for me.
4. I can use words like “surfeit” and “obviate” and look all smart, without worrying about whether the listener knows those words.
5. I can use words like “surfeit” and “obviate” and rest assured that anyone who doesn’t know what they mean can just look them up on dictionary.com.
6. I can use words like “surfeit” and “obviate” and then be a supercilious asshole and link the words to their definition.
7. When long lost pals wonder what I’m up to, I can just send them my web address.
8. Thanks to archives, I never have to repeat myself.
9. Images!

And the number one reason why blogging is better than talking…

10. When Mike asks me how my day was, I just say, “Read my blog.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home