Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Meet the Old Lady

I am happy to announce that I will be participating in another play with Cincinnati Landmark Productions: Oliver! Interestingly, I didn’t audition. Although I would have loved to play Nancy and sing “I’d Do Anything,” I initially chose my all-consuming garden over the play. When the stage manager emailed me to offer me a small part, I was surprised, flattered, and couldn’t say no. Long days, no sleep, and no food aside, I have had so much fun with this group. The fact that two of my favorite people are stage managing (Jen) and directing (Mike F.) made it irresistible.

My plummy part: Mrs. Bedwin. I had no clue who this character is. A Google search reveals that she is a sweet old lady who takes care of Oliver for awhile. In the last play I did, I played a drunk old lady. At twenty-nine, I think I’m being typecast as “old.” (At least I’m not a drunk this time!) With rehearsals, work, gardening, and instructing aerobics, it will take very little acting for me to be old. The “sweet” part, I’m going to have to work on!

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Londyn said...

You are a pro Kasmira, that's why you get all the roles that are so contrasting to your nature :)
Or maybe, they were just trying to go for that hot granny look...go get 'em tiger!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home