Thursday, October 16, 2008

Invisalign: Tray 2

When I snapped in tray two this morning, I realized how comfortable tray one had become in comparison. I'd like to say it's because my teeth have moved, but I also wonder if some of it is due to the tray conforming to my mouth. Tray one certainly looks beat up after two weeks of being snapped off and on of my teeth.

If my teeth aren't getting straighter, my waistline is definitely getting smaller. I can't eat or drink anything but water with the trays in. For best results, the trays need to be in for 22 hours a day, leaving me a mere 2 hours for eating. On top of those restrictions, I must brush and floss after each meal/snack, before putting the trays back in. My grazing days are over. I plan to eat 5 - 6 times a day (3 meals and 2 or 3 snacks), instead of my old, constant munching. That also means I brush 5 - 6 times a day. I spend a lot of time with my toothbrush.

The beverage restrictions are difficult too. I've given up on soda. I simply can't drink it quickly enough. (I used to take up to three hours to drink a 20-oz Diet Coke.) I get one caffeine fix a day: hot tea while I eat my breakfast. Occasionally, I'll add another cup of tea with my three o'clock snack. There are no more evenings sipping wine or downing cold beers. If I have an alcoholic beverage, it is with a meal.

Finally, I've put together a kit to carry in my purse on the weekends or evenings. If I dine out, I've got everything I need to store the trays while I eat and then clean up afterwards. The purple case (from Sephora) is so pretty that I can't wait to pull it out and brush my teeth for the sixth time that day.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5:16 AM, Blogger Mervat said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger Mervat said...

Kasmira, I understand exactly what you are going through! I have now had braces (porcelain) for about 12weeks, and in that time I have lost 6 kilos, changed over six toothbrushes and gained very, very clean teeth! I used to graze all day and now it is strictly 3 meals per day, but at least I can keep drinking my Diet Coke...otherwise I would have to have it fed into me via a cannulae!

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home