Thursday, January 08, 2009

Invisalgin: Tray 8


I visited the orthodontist today and was quite surprised to receive my FINAL upper tray. Yes, Tray 8 is the last tray for my upper teeth. I was also surprised to find that my lowers will be done after Tray 11. I was anticipating a treatment time of 15 months (60 weeks). Instead, I only have trays for 22 weeks.

This isn’t to say I’ll necessarily be finished after 22 weeks! I may need some more “slenderizing” - on the bottom this time. In my opinion, the bottom teeth are just too crowded to move into alignment. The orthodontist will make a decision on filing my bottom teeth when I visit in March.

Also in March, he’ll probably do another set of impressions and send those off in case of I need refinements and additional trays. Even if I don’t need a few more sets of Invisalign trays, I’ll definitely be getting a retainer.

I left his office quite pleased with my moveable teeth. (Although, if they hadn’t been so moveable, I might not have needed orthodontics in the first place!) My pleasure was rather short-lived because Tray 8 was the most uncomfortable tray yet. By the evening, my whole head ached from the pressure on my teeth. I cringed every time I had to snap the trays in or out to eat. Thankfully, the pain subsided by the next day.

Painful or not, I’m so pleased with Invisalign!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i've been battling with lockjaw and I also have this split on my lower and upper teeth. :D its getting very expensive! :D

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger dave said...

Thanks for sharing you experience with Invisalgin braces.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home